(1) Basic thinking regarding personal information protection
Nichirei Corporation and its Group companies (hereafter "the Nichirei Group" - see *1 below for definition of a Group company) considers appropriate handling of personal information to be a corporate and social obligation, recognizes the importance of personal information, and exercises great care in its handling.
In order to win the trust of our customers and other stakeholders, we will comply with laws and other regulations related to personal information protection and will establish our own voluntary rules and mechanisms.
In order to meet the demands of our stakeholders and prevailing conditions, we will review our voluntary rules and systems when appropriate and improve them even further.
(2) Acquisition of personal information
Before acquiring personal information, we will either obtain agreement in advance from the person in question regarding our intended use of the information, or post public notification through our web site or similar means.
(3) Use of personal information
Once acquired, we will use personal information only for the purposes we have specified.
(4) Nondisclosure of personal information to third parties etc.
We will not provide or disclose personal information that we have acquired to a third-party except in one of the following circumstances:
- We have received prior agreement or permission from the relevant person
- It is necessary to provide the information in order to prevent serious harm to the person's life, health, or property, etc.
- When processing payment for a product or service, a financial institution or other relevant party confirms the information with the Nichirei Group where necessary measures have been taken beforehand
- When sharing information in situations where necessary measures have been taken beforehand
- Disclosure or provision to a subcontractor who has signed a confidentiality contract with the Nichirei Group, within necessary limits related to services provided by the Nichirei Group
- Other circumstances in which there is a legal or similar reason for disclosure or provision of information
(5) Management of personal information
We will assign a person to be responsible for managing personal information, and will implement appropriate management.
- We will make internal regulations and strive to protect our customers' personal information.
- We will take appropriate information security measures, including measures to guard against illicit access and computer viruses, to guard against threats of improper access to, destruction, or alteration of data.
- We will limit the number of people who have access to company databases or other media where personal information is stored, and will take appropriate steps to also ensure that illicit use does not occur within the company.
- In some instances, we entrust personal information to an outside party in order to provide even better service to our stakeholders. In such circumstances, we will choose an outside party that handles personal information appropriately and in our contract we will specify terms requiring appropriate management of personal information, maintenance of confidentiality, and prohibiting release to third parties or other types of information leakage.
(6) Providing information to the person in question
When the Nichirei Group has been provided with personal information, the Nichirei Group or a subcontractor may deliver information that we think will be of interest by e-mail or other means.
(7) Response to requests related to personal information
We will promptly respond to requests from the person in question to disclose, amend, add to or erase information, or to stop providing information.
(8) Questions and complaints
Questions and complaints regarding the Nichirei Group's personal information management are handled here
Toshiaki Murai, Representative Director and President
- *1 Definition of a Group company
- A Group company is a company in which Nichirei Corporation holds more than half of the voting rights (hereafter called a subsidiary) or a company in which a Nichirei subsidiary or its subsidiary holds more than half of the voting rights. Click here to see a list of Nichirei's major Group companies.
Our thinking regarding the handling of personal information collected through this site is as follows.
(1) Range of use
(2) Collection and use of information
In the course of a visit to this site, Nichirei may ask for a visitor's e-mail address or other personal information, but we will only ask for information necessary for using services provided by the web site.
Depending on the type of service that is used, we may ask for more specific personal information.
Information such as the visitor's IP address, cookie information, and which pages were viewed are automatically collected from the visitor's browser and recorded on our server, but do not identify individual users.
Nichirei Group uses such information for the following four purposes:
- Further improvement of products or online services
- Sending of products, catalogs, or informational publications
- Informing customers of new services or products
- Customization of information viewed by the customer to make it more easily understandable
This site makes use of digital IDs issued by VeriSign Japan in order to protect visitors' personal information. On personal information entry pages, we offer SSL encrypted communication. In order to make use of pages with SSL encryption (pages whose URL begins with https://), please set your browser to enable use of SSL.
Note: Instructions for enabling use of SSL vary depending on the browser used.
(4) Changes to this policy